Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® capsules are a convenient, gentle, yet effective natural laxative which also helps relieve wind and bloating. Created using a special formulation of senna leaf, buckthorn bark, psyllium seed, dill seed and liquorice powder. Herb-a-lax capsules contain psyllium for fibre, together with liquorice root powder which has a gentle soothing action on the bowel. Dill seed has a carminative action on the bowel and helps to settle intestinal distress.
Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® has been trusted for over 60 years as a natural way to keep Australians regular. Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® is a gentle, yet effective way to maintain optimum inner health. Herb-a-lax® is best used with a good gut health regime which should include foods high in dietary fibre and complex carbohydrates; grains, seeds and nuts as well as cereals and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Make it an aim to also drink plenty of fresh water and exercise regularly – this will help to improve your overall health and general well-being.
Aids in the management of constipation. Has a carminative effect on the bowel and helps relieve bloating.
- Senna is a herb used in the relief of constipation, which works through a stimulation of ‘peristalsis’, the rhythmic muscular contraction of the colon which pushes food through the gut.
- Buckthorn Bark is considered a gentle form of laxative, generally calming the gastrointestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is a great source of natural fibre. It acts as a bulking laxative and has a gentle mode of action, softening the stools and cleansing the intestinal tract.
- Dill is a powerful carminative, antispasmodic herb and helps to settle intestinal distress and bloating.
- Liquorice Root is a very effective herb with powerful healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf||284 mg|
|Rhamnus frangula (Buckthorn) bark||23 mg|
|Psyllium husk dry||6 mg|
|Anethum graveolens (Dill) seed||6 mg|
|Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root||6 mg|
No added gluten, yeast, milk derivatives, salt, lactose, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Directions for use
Take 1-2 capsules daily. Drink plenty of water.
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea.
- Not to be used when pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Use in children under 12 years is not recommended.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
- Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.