Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® compounded herbs is a gentle, yet effective natural laxative which also helps relieve wind and bloating. Created using a special formulation of senna leaf, buckthorn bark, psyllium seed, dill seed and liquorice root powder. Psyllium provides a great source of fibre and together with liquorice root powder has a gentle soothing action on the bowel. Dill seed has a carminative action on the bowel and helps to settle intestinal distress.
Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® has been trusted for over 60 years as a natural way to keep Australians regular. Henry Blooms Herb-a-lax® is a gentle, yet effective way to maintain optimum inner health. Herb-a-lax® is best used with a good gut health regime which should include foods high in dietary fibre and complex carbohydrates; grains, seeds and nuts as well as cereals, and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Make it an aim to also drink plenty of fresh water and exercise regularly – this will help to improve your overall health and general well-being.
Aids in the management of constipation. Has a carminative effect on the bowel and helps relieve bloating.
- Senna is a herb used in the relief of constipation, which works through a stimulation of ‘peristalsis’, the rhythmic muscular contraction of the colon which pushes food through the gut.
- Buckthorn Bark is considered a gentle form of laxative, generally calming the gastrointestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is a great source of natural fibre. It acts as a bulking laxative and has a gentle mode of action, softening the stools and cleansing the intestinal tract.
- Dill is a powerful carminative, antispasmodic herb and helps to settle intestinal distress and bloating.
- Liquorice Root is a very effective herb with powerful healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties.
|Each 5ml teaspoon contains approximately dry herbs of:|
|Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf||1.35 g|
|Frangula (Buckthorn) bark||108 mg|
|Psyllium husk||31 mg|
|Anethum graveolens (Dill) fruit||31 mg|
|Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root||31 mg|
No added gluten, yeast, animal products, lactose, milk derivatives, salt, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Directions for use
Take three-quarters to one 5 mL level teaspoon with water or fruit juice before retiring. Drink plenty of water.
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea.
- Not to be used when pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Use in children under 12 years is not recommended.
- Drink plenty of water.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
- Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.